New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hagen 90 Build

Started by StuM, June 18, 2017, 08:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StuM

I was fortunate to receive the Hagen 90 recently donated to OVAS and purchase a very nice custom stand.

Here is day 1 completed.

StuM

StuM

Day 2

Old filter transferring good biology for a few days.....

charlie

Good on you , looking forward to the journey via pictures ;)

StuM

Day 3

Water almost clear of air. CO2 install next.

charlie

It appears that the Java fern on the front left has the rhizome buried in the substrate, if that is so, you should take it out  where the rhizome is above substrate.
Regards

bergenm

QuoteInsert Quote

Day 2

Old filter transferring good biology for a few days.....

Will you be running the old filter for just a few days and then just running with the new filter after that?
Michael

Mike L

Agreed. Old filter should run in tandem with new for at least a month.
Mike

StuM

Thanks gentlemen for the advice. I have replanted and will leave filters running in tandem for month. It's nice to have OVAS experience available. StuM

bergenm

Six weeks is typically the time for a filter to completely establish itself. You can 'seed' the new filter by moving some of the media from the old filter into the new filter, this will speed up the process.
Michael

matttimms49

That is a big tank! Looking really good!

What substrate are you using?

StuM

Thanks for the comments, yes it is large for me, twice the size of my previous community tank.

I'm using Seachem Flourite as a substrate, as I have lots of plants.
StuM

Gilbotron

Looking great!  I'm glad to see someone making excellent use of that club donation!

StuM

Final build and plans completed on the weekend. I finally had it settled for a few minutes to take some pictures...
Thanks to Jason at Critter Jungle and Jody at Big Als for the technical support on the hardware and software purchases. Also thanks for the support of OVAS members for the comments and recommendations. StuM

90 Gallon       Hagen         48" x 18" x 24"
Stand       Custom
Substrate       Seacham     Flourite
Heater      Aquatop       Titanium 300 Watt
Filter      Marineland   C360 Canister
Light      Fluval            Fresh & Plant 2.0
CO2            Regulator   Dici Dual Gauge
CO2            Tank           5Lb Aluminum