New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Planaria with shrimp harmful

Started by Kalemh, June 22, 2017, 05:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalemh

Hey ovas
I was just watching my shrimp eat when I noticed grey slugs emerge from substrate did a bit of research and found they are planaria. Anyone have an idea if they are harmful or not to my shrimp
TIA

charlie

Selenacrowe

I have some of the treatment if you need it

exv152

I use one of these to remove them. I find this to be least invasive method for my young shrimp. I also have the treatment but I've been hesitant to use it based on what I've read.

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

George2

Quote from: charlie on June 22, 2017, 06:24:52 PM
Here is a good read
http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/features/articles/how-to-solve-a-problem-like-planarians

This article suggests using "No Planaria" to get rid of planaria.  I've used it in the past to get rid of fresh water limpets, but it unfortunately wiped out all of my nerite snails.

charlie

Quote from: George2 on June 23, 2017, 08:35:30 PM
This article suggests using "No Planaria" to get rid of planaria.  I've used it in the past to get rid of fresh water limpets, but it unfortunately wiped out all of my nerite snails.

I have used it before with crystals with great success.

Kalemh

Just picked some of the no planaria from critter jungle and I'm going to start dosing tomorrow
Thank you everyone for the help