New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

IALs in Ottawa?

Started by angelcraze, June 30, 2017, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angelcraze

I want to amazonia-up my 120g.  I had a few Indian Almond Leaves I used and my rams immediately started breeding,  I've seen many good results using them (but keeping it at a minimum not to alter my pH too much since it's only 2° kh)

Does anyone know where to get well-priced IALs in the Ottawa/Gatineau area?  

I found these on amazon, any other/better sources anyone know of?
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B06VVJKQJT/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1498846268&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=indian+almond+leaves&dpPl=1&dpID=51do6E1swIL&ref=plSrch
Give me ShReD till I'm dEaD!!!

new_hobby

angelcraze

Ok cool tx for the quick response :)

I found this at the site you posted:
https://www.aquarium-depot.ca/en/quick-order

Free shipping puts me at 40$ for 100 smaller leaves, about double the price, Idk if they would price match Amazon.ca, but idk if I can trust Amazon either.

Anyone use Amazon for aquarium stuff?

new_hobby

Free shipping only applies for 99$-169$ order
You could send them a message to ask if they match amazon.ca?

angelcraze

Oh ok, didn't see that about shipping tx :)

Have you purchased from aquarium-depot before?

missavgp

check out Bettawan on Aquabid. 100 large leaves for $22.50 US and free shipping. I have not used that particular individual, but have ordered from Amylim in the past (she no longer sells unfortunately). If Bettawan ships like she did though they should arrive in about 2 weeks and be in good condition. when I run out I will be ordering from them.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

angelcraze

Ty missavgp, that is very helpful,  I didn't even think of aquabid for IALs.  I went ahead and got the leaves from Amazon (roughly the same price), it's marked shipped already so hopefully it's legit.  Delivery isn't scheduled until July 25-Aug 7, so I'll let you know if I receive them. 

Someone should look into selling IALs and other aquarium botanical in Ottawa!  Or is this something not as popular here?

tanksalot360

They commonly show up for sale at our club auctions.
I can always part with a few here and there. I have a few oak leaves and small alder cones kicking around if you're interested in trying those as well.

sippingtowel

I believe that someone is also selling them in the unclassified/classified at a price of $2 a leaf.
29 gallon using chihiros a-series, beginner/newbie attempting to do aquascaping/planted aquarium with fish and shrimp. Stocked with some pearlweed, riccia, crypt, ghost shrimp, b.mollies and neons.

angelcraze

Ahh ok tx!  I admit, I didn't look too hard yet, I figured someone here would know :)

Tanksalot360, I would absolutely be interested in some alder cones!  I heard they last longer and can be left in the tank to disintegrate (even though I let my IALs rot anyway haha)

I figured I missed the auction this year, is the auction more than anually?  I'm interested tx :)

angelcraze

Quote from: angelcraze on July 04, 2017, 01:07:11 PM
Delivery isn't scheduled until July 25-Aug 7, so I'll let you know if I receive them.  

I received them already!   I'm super impressed, nicely packaged and info for ordering more botanical type stuff, although written in German.  Definetely worth the price and legit :)

angelcraze

I'm trying to upload pics of what I received, but my pics are too large for this forum and I don't want to upload another app :(

angelcraze

Oh well, they were delivered in about a week, packaged in 3 bunches wrapped in plastic, and placed nicely in an appropriately sized box.  Even came with a trial size pack of cat food????  Lol

Gilbotron

You'll have to let us know how the Rams like the cat food.  Maybe its more effective than live food or Barry White for getting them in the mood?!

apistofrank

I have some and just sent you a PM