New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New July 2017 Member!

Started by tlgariepy, July 08, 2017, 12:21:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tlgariepy

Hi everyone! I have finally joined OVAS - just purchased my membership today , while I realize nothing is happening for July & August I am never the less really excited to meet everyone in Sept. For the moment , I'm Tami and have loved being a hobbyist for a few years now, my tanks aren't elaborate but I take pride in learning and constantly improving them. At the moment , I have two ; one is a 30 gallon which my son and I have made into South American themed tank (I won't say biotope as it isn't that precise) , we loved researching the different area through SA and looked to honor that as best as we could , tank 2 is a 37 gallon with South East Asian themed tank - it's recent so I am building it little by little. Both tanks are natural with live plants and rocks - I absolutely love this hobby. Some of my fish include ; ember tetras , pencil fish, cory's &
a new peppermint pleco(tank 1) & tank 2 has a beta , hill stream loaches , kuhli loaches and purple rasboras  :)

limmer

Welcome to the club.
Sounds like you have a good handle on things.
Hope to see you out at the meetings.

Gilbotron

Awesome!  Welcome to the club.

Always great to have more planted tank enthusiasts.  Be sure to post some pics of your setups in the gallery.  They sound quite interesting.

You'll find the club and forum a great resource for all things fishy.  Plants, fish, equipment, assistance and most importantly, inspiration!

charlie

Welcome aboard and thanks for supporting the club with your paid membership, that helps the club to provide more speakers etc.
Looking forward to hearing of your past and future journey of this wonderful hobby.
BTW we love pictures  ;)
Regards

sas

tlgariepy

Thank you for all the warm welcomes ! Pictures of my tanks are coming soon :D