New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Kanata Location

Started by Jody, July 18, 2017, 11:42:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hiya folks,

I know there is a lot of info going around, and I just wanted to let everyone know what is happening with the Kanata location.

At this time, the store is planning to be consolidated into the Innes road location. Unfortunately, business in Ottawa is not where it needs to be to keep the two locations open.
   Sadly, this does mean a bit of travel for those in the west end, however, we are hoping that there are some changes coming to the Innes stores that will make it worth the drive. New updated reptile section, larger plant selection, greater selection of fish and inverts.
   Many of our great staff from Kanata will be moving over to the Innes location as well, and we look forward to seeing many of the customers from the west out at the east.
   Exact closing date is not yet confirmed, though it is sounding like the end of Sept is the current target.
I will keep you informed of any changes and information as it comes available.

Thanks
Jody

lucius

IMO, they should indeed combine both stores but make it into a superstore like the Scarborough location.

th3budd

I'm in the East End, so that works for me. I hope the Innes location will become as consistent in its availability of fish as the Kanata store was. I often found myself driving out to the West End because the Innes store had hardly any fish stock. Really hope that improves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

exv152

That's really bad news for the hardcore hobbyist in the west end. I still remember visiting the west end store when it was located in bells corners next to McDonald's in the early 90s. Are there any plans to consolidate both stores into one central new location?
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Jody

Currently, there are no plans to move the Innes location anywhere, but who knows what the future will bring.

Jody