New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquatic Life Halo Freshwater LED.

Started by wolfiewill, July 18, 2017, 06:12:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

So I have a 65 g tank, 24 inches deep that was under two Hagen duo-Glo fixtures with HO T5s. I had to replace the first two fixtures due to failures in the ballast and now one of the replacements has burn out - with a hiss and a 'pop'. So I'm thinking of going to LEDs but so far there are no good reports of LEDs producing the same reds and greens as the HO T5s can with a rosette among the 6500 k lights.
But, I found that Aquatic Life has a new freshwater version of their Halo series of LED. It's reputed to be controllable to the point that it will do dutch style lighting. Has anyone had experience with this light? Or has anyone used their Reef version and has an opinion on the quality of the manufacturing at least?
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Dxpert

charlie

I actually looked into this a couple of years ago , good lights from all reports ,  unfortunately  Canadian distributors have not made any grounds in making it available ,although Aquaticlife  says its available for Canadian distribution.

wolfiewill

It can be purchased from Reef Supply in Montreal, but, the price is very steep with the present exchange rate. I'm going to wait 'till the exchange rate is better, and find some excuse to go to the states for a few days and buy a pair.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain