New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Keeping mollies

Started by soleil1980, July 29, 2017, 12:11:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soleil1980

Hi everyone!

I have a fully planted 60g with bushynoses, cories and a few guppies and tetras.

The tetras are left overs from my other tank I closed down.  I have been breeding plecos and guppies for a few hears and wanted to try mt hand at sailfin mollies.

So here is the thing... I have bought 1 sailfin molly, 3 black mollies and 3 silver mollies (the white ones).... They are all dead except one of the black mollies... Everyone else is doing fine and I do have baby plecos and guppies in there

I checked the water parameters and all is fine... Ph 6,5 (lots of driftwood) nitrate and nitrites 0, somewhat hard water...

So what am I doing wrong!?!?!?

I have kept kilifish, angels, swordtails other catfish and kribs without problem... I am confused
60g guppies, female bettas, bushynose plecos, cories, apistos
2 x 5.5g male bettas
10g bredding tank for bettas,
2.5g male betta
20g, divided with babies (bettas, plecos and cories)

CC-Slider

My research says Mollies like ph between 7-8. And placing a lot of driftwood in with them is not ideal as it lowers the ph. Now this doesn't mean that was what killed them, where they quarantined. They may have been ill before you got them.
"Quando omni flunkus, moritati"
"when all else fails, play dead"