New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

hi everyone

Started by Bullelbow, August 08, 2017, 09:36:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullelbow

Great forum , thanks for having me.

charlie

Welcome to our forum, it`s a pleasure having you on board.
Please feel free to share your aquariums , projects etc with us and don`t be shy with the pictures ;) we love them.
Looking forward to meeting you at one of our monthly meetings or events.
Regards

Dxpert

Welcome. What type of fish do you keep?

sas

Hi and welcome  :)
Post away we all appreciate pictures ;D.

Bullelbow

Sorry. For the none replies. I have been on the road with work just got home for a short stay.  I currently don't have any tanks that are active.  With my work schedule it's impossible right now, but that's going to change in a few months and I want to get my 110 and 75 gallon back up and  running. I have kept African cichlids , discus,Oscar's everything almost in between . I have had a tank from the age of 10 up until the last few years. At my high point i had 5 tanks set up in the house. I am thinking of setting up a brakish  tank in my 75 and going back to some discus in the 110. Just looking at idea's for scaping and tank set ups.  My challenge is going to be were I am living I am on well water, that is hard as hell and i always have been on city water when I ran my tanks. So number 1 one will be to test the water and build from there. Anyone else on well water than can give me some advise?

tlgariepy

Welcome! I'm brand new here too  ;D
I'm also on well water that is very hard , high pH and high iron levels...I have been selective with the types of fish I keep but otherwise as long as I'm using a good water conditioner and do 2-3 (25/30%) water changes a month my fish have been well. I have Cory's (some I've had for about 7 years) , pencil fish , Emperor tetras , pencil fish , pleco's and ember tetras . My other tank has dwarf chain botia, hill stream & kuhli loaches with rasboras , gouramis and a Betta..all are happy & healthy. Can't wait to see what you chose to do with your tanks 🐡🐠🐟

Jody

Welcome  tigariepy,

Sounds like a nice selection of fish, and having some for 7 years means you are doing something right!

Hopefully you can make it out to our season opener on Sept 16th, it is always a great time with lots of good people ( hey we are fish keepers, that means we are good right? )

Jody