New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Canister filter recommendations

Started by Jeff1192, August 14, 2017, 01:02:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

I'm planning on completely redoing my 15 gallon tank next month. I'm currently using an aquaclear hob but an considering an upgrade to a canister.  Looking for recommendations. I have eheim pros running on my 90 andnlike them. Haven't been a fan of the eheim classics cause I find maintenance a pain. I'm intrigued by the Zoo med nano and have been reading About the hydor professional line. 

Thanks

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

charlie

I'm partial to Eheim, I have used the eco 2236 on a 15 gallon that also drove my co2 reactor .
I also have the same set up@on my 17 gln tank, works fantastic.
Regards.

Mike L

Seachem has gotten into the hob filter business. They are called tidal and are made by sicce . My belief is they will be the new standard in hob filter. As for canisters my vote is ehiem classic as well. I can remove clean and replace them in about 20 m8nutes. What was the issue you had?

Jeff1192

The thing I didn't like with the classic was cleaning. I run two eheim pros on my 90 and I guess I got spoiled by having the trays to make cleaning easier.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Mike L

Ok. But how do trays make it easier? Don't you still have to remove them take out the media and rinse or replace. I used to use the different media that ehiem sells. Now I just stack 4 blue pads they sell followed by a bag of bio. Rinse all in aquarium water. Fill cannister connect and run.
Mike

nemo14

I run all my tanks with Eheim pros i am a big fan of the product and have bin for year and never and i mean never had a problem with them. They make a solid canister filter.