New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

cloudy then clear, an odd problem with my tank throughout the day

Started by sippingtowel, August 19, 2017, 08:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sippingtowel

Hello everyone, for the past 1-2 weeks I am noticing a very odd problem with my tank.

Previously my water is cloudy is due to green algae. But this problem has been drastically eliminated/reduced since I've started cleaning my filter media once every few days.(I use polyfill which seems to gather the green algae very well)

Currently I'm finding that every morning at 9am my tank is somewhat cloudy but, as time progresses, the water clarity becomes crystal clear. This pattern keeps repeating every day.Any clue why? My regime is that every day, I turn off my CO2 every night and I also do liquid ferts.
29 gallon using chihiros a-series, beginner/newbie attempting to do aquascaping/planted aquarium with fish and shrimp. Stocked with some pearlweed, riccia, crypt, ghost shrimp, b.mollies and neons.

Dxpert

I've not heard of this problem before. However, I have found that UV Sterilizers are a somewhat of a fix all for these types of problems. You might consider getting a small unit and testing it out on your tank.