New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Do you need a bubble counter with a ph controller?

Started by Kalinkacat, August 29, 2017, 02:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalinkacat

I found a site in the US that sells two stage regulators with solenoid and PH controller.  If I understand the PH controller correctly, that would eliminate the need for a bubble counter?

Thanks,

Dxpert

You don't need a ph controller or a bubble counter but both are nice to have. The ph controller will need to be calibrated every year at a minimum. It can also fail. I like looking at the bubble counter as a visual of the system is working and turned on. I use mineral oil in my fluval bubble counter instead of water, thus lower maintinace because it never evaporates.

wolfiewill

Without a bubble counter it'll be like driving by looking in the rear view mirror. You could cause a lot of damage to your livestock before you realize it. A bubble counter allows you to know exactly how much CO2 you are putting in RIGHT NOW, and not have to wait a while to see how steep the pH curve is. I know where you can get one at a very reasonable price.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain