New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New Aquascape for my 15 gallon

Started by Jeff1192, August 31, 2017, 03:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

So Im in the process of completely redoing my 15 gallon. Going a little different than my ususal scape as I'm planning on very few, if any plants. Here's what I'm thinking right now. Looking for opinions. Once filled and running I may add a little bit of java fern or a couple of  cryps. 

Thanks

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

matttimms49

Looks really interesting, I'm a huge fan of dragon stone, makes it super easy for putting java fern in a tank. Narrow leaf would look great in there.

What type of driftwood is that? Also what are your stocking ideas? :D

Jeff1192

Thanks I really like the dragon stone too. The driftwood is a piece of birds nest from Big Als. I really like the look of it. To redo the tank I had temporarily rehomed some small fancy Plecos (tigers if I remember right) a pea puffer and some blue eyed gertrudae. I want to eventually house some more pea puffers in it.

I actually added another piece of driftwood as I wanna break up sight lines more for the pea puffers. Got things running today with bio media from another tank so I'll probably transfer the fish back tomorrow.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

matttimms49

nice, thats gonna look super interesting when you put some plants in too. Look forward to seeing if there is enough 'line breakers' for the puffers

tanksalot360

I like the hardscape materials. The dragonstone and driftwood make for a very interesting scape. Suggestions: You may want to find some dragonstone rubble (small bits at bottom of bin) to help transition the eye into the larger pieces. I know you're going for minimalist planting, but I think the edges of the hardscape could be softened by wrapping the stone in moss (ie. spikey or christmas). Or even take and wrap a few pieces of rubble and place around the base of the larger rocks. I'd like to see a crypt planted in the back left corner to help add depth. I second the use of narrow leaf java fern!
Will stay tuned!