New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Will Rams eat Amano Shrimp

Started by Kalinkacat, September 05, 2017, 03:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalinkacat

I'm thinking of getting some Amano Shrimp for algae control but don't know if they would be safe with German, Gold or Electric Blue Rams.  Can anyone tell me?

Thanks,

Jeff1192

I had lots of Amano shrimp in a 90 with rams for a long time and I never saw any predation. There were tons of plants too which probably helped
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

ksj

My german ram hasn't touched any of my shrimp. Its much more interested in cleaning off plants of any cloud minnow eggs.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

Gilbotron

My Bolivians and Kribs have never touched my Amano's.  You should be ok provided the amano's are not too small.

Make sure you have a good lid.  My Amano's are always making a break for it.  I find them dried up on the floor every once in a while.  Just last week I had one at each of the 2 doors leaving the room (opposite ends).  Little buggers probably planned it - "you go that way and I'll go this way", but then neither could reach the door handle to open the door...