New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquarius Montreal

Started by matttimms49, September 20, 2017, 01:01:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

Has anyone shopping with this store before. Do they do livestock orders?

Cheers,
Matt

charlie

Hi Matt, a few of us have shopped there.It`s a nice family owned store that offers a good selection of livestock and plants among other dry goods, most times there is always a gem or 2 to be found.
If you are referring to shipping livestock , i`m not sure they do.

Errol

matttimms49

Thanks for the info, I was talking about ordering fish with them yes. and i'm not sure if they do either.

Maybe a trip to Montreal is on the cards then!

charlie

Quote from: matttimms49 on September 21, 2017, 10:08:59 AM
Thanks for the info, I was talking about ordering fish with them yes. and i'm not sure if they do either.

Maybe a trip to Montreal is on the cards then!
Perhaps you can start a road trip for checking out a few of the stores in Montreal and reduce fuel cost by splitting the fuel cost?

matttimms49

This may have to be done! Won't be able to for a week or so but let's see

Bob_S

Was talking to a friend last weekend who goes to Montreal for meetings every month or so. Turns out his meetings are down the street from Aquarius. So off I went on a road trip.

Great fish store, they had display tanks from small nano tanks to their huge tank of South and Central American Cichlids. They also had a great selection of Dwarf Cichlids. I believe Agassizi, Cockatoo and Bolivian Rams can't quite remember all the varieties. Also some great looking Angels and Discus.

They had just received a shipment of plants so had a large selection to choose from including several huge Anubias. Also, they have a great variety of different types of driftwood for aquascaping.

Unfortunately for me they had a limited selection of African Cichlids and not the ones I was looking for. Jordan was very helpful and suggested I try and get to Quebec Cichlides on my next trip.

Well worth the visit if you get a chance
Bob
120g  Yellow Labs, PS Socolofi,  Neolomprologus leleupi , compressiceps Chaitika
30g Albino Pleco's
30g Planted, 10g cherry shrimp

Mike L

I have nothing but good things to say about Quebec cichlids. They get wild caught and sell lots of F1. They are not cheap but a group order would really make it affordable. I've ordered fish twice from them and the fish are always shipped well. We are getting to thst time we're they might not ship due to temp though

Amsterdom

Quote from: Mike L on November 10, 2017, 04:18:56 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about Quebec cichlids. They get wild caught and sell lots of F1. They are not cheap but a group order would really make it affordable. I've ordered fish twice from them and the fish are always shipped well. We are getting to thst time we're they might not ship due to temp though

Oh wow, I didn't know they shipped!
130g Jardini Arowana
120g Rainbowfish, Tetra, Gourami, Angelfish (Planted CO2)
120g Angelfish, Denison Barbs, Diamond Neon Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, Rainbow Sharks (Planted)
120g Mixed African Cichlids
75g Electric Blue Acara, Green Texas Cichlid, Tinfoil Barb, Snow King Pleco
75g Red Devil Cichlid
55g Angelfish, Live Bearers (Planted)
55g Discus
55g Figure Eight Puffer (Brackish)
29g Quarantine System (Planted)
10g Crowntail Betta, Diamond Neon Tetras (Planted)

matttimms49

Have to say that after visiting the Aquarius store yesterday I was very impressed. Loads of plants and fish to choose from and it's nice to know that they quarantine their orders before they sell them.

Unfortunately they were all sold out of the Espei Rasbora that I have been searching for months. They did have a batch in quarantine though. So if anyone is thinking of doing another road trip up there in a couple  of weeks give me a shout :)