New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

1 year in the aquarium hobby anniversary

Started by matttimms49, October 21, 2017, 12:51:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

Hey guys,

I had an update from my online photos the other day that it was a year ago that I got my first tank. So I thought I would give an update on the tank now and how my aquarium journey has gone so far.

It really is a great hobby, I started with one 10 gallon tank populated with a few fish and plastic plants.

I now have 3 tanks.

A 3.4 gallon, the 10 gallon and a 40 gallon.

They are all planted tanks and have a variety of fish. I like to stick to nano type set ups, I even felt guilty getting a honey gourami as it felt a bit large!

It has been quite the journey and I feel guilty that in the early days I did kill quite a few fish from not being patient enough, the classic new tank syndrome. I just didn't understand the 'cycle' and a few brave warriors fell. I feel like I have learned a lot from the past year and it has been really useful getting to know a few of the OVAS guys better to absorb their knowledge.

After a year of keeping tanks I think I still need to learn patience. I'm guilty of being in and about my tanks too often and should really let them settle, so that will be my aim for the 2nd year.

Anyways here are the three tanks as they are now, I recently rescaped the 10 gallon.

k1ng

They all look really nice, great job scaping!

charlie

Quote from: k1ng on October 21, 2017, 01:36:11 PM
They all look really nice, great job scaping!
X2
I had the opportunity to see these tanks in person and the pictures does not do them justice.
Well done Matt, keep the updates coming, we need more people sharing their projects among us  ;)

rivermuse