New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Montreal Road Trip - November 18

Started by Gilbotron, October 24, 2017, 12:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbotron

Anybody up for a road trip shopping spree in Montreal on Saturday, November 18th?  Drive there and back same day and try to visit 2-4 stores around the island.  I find the stores in Montreal tend to carry a lot of variation we don't see normally in Ottawa so this would be a good opportunity if you are looking for something a little different for your tanks...

Definitely want to visit...
1. Aquasense Workshop (great plants and planted tank supplies)
2. Aquarius (lots of fish variety)
3. There are also a few other smaller stores near Aquarius (names escape me) that would be on the agenda given the proximity.

I have heard Aquarius is also good on specialty fish orders so could be an opportunity to order ahead and pickup if you are looking for anything rare/specific.

Post in this thread if you are interested or have recommendations on places to visit.  If we get enough people we should be able to call ahead to secure some discounts and some special treatment!

matttimms49

I'm busy Saturdays until 12, is there any chance we could do the Sunday instead??

limmer

The Montreal Auction by La Sam is on Sunday Nov. 12, 2017

Gilbotron

Good catch!  Doesn't make much sense to go 2 weekends in a row.

New plan: Shopping spree on the 11th, auction on the 12th!

If anyone interested in an overnighter i've got plenty of room in the car.

matttimms49

charlie

Quote from: matttimms49 on November 02, 2017, 11:21:33 AM
is anyone going up on the sunday?
I will be going with Jody, I think there might be others going also.

matttimms49

Ok cool, will you guys be going to the stores on the Sunday also?

Gilbotron

Jody

The auction pretty much takes the whole day,  so we never get a chance to hit any stores.
But we can certainly arrange a fish shopping day in Montreal if you want.

Jody

matttimms49

Does anyone need a ride for Sunday, I'm planning on going to the auction and the lfs's also. :)