New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Greetings everyone

Started by Black_Rose, October 26, 2017, 01:00:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black_Rose

Hello everybody.

My name is Brad and I'm a new OVAS member as of Monday.

I've been in the hobby for almost a year now.

I currently have 6 tanks running with several more waiting to be started/restarted.

sas

Box Jockey

"You can't run from me! Oh, you *can* run from me! You keep surprising me." -- Tamatoa

Mike L

Welcome. What are you keeping in your tanks. What size.Details and pics if your so inclined

Black_Rose

- 10 gallon Aqueon Ascent has 8 male endlers, nerite snails, and some red cherry shrimp.
- 10 gallon has 3 male Dragon tail guppies
- 16 gallon tall has 5 ember tetras, an unknown number of pygmy cories, dozens of red cherry shrimp, and numerous young assassin snails.
- 7 gallon cube has a male betta and some nerite snails.
I have a second 7 gallon cube that is empty at the moment due to two betta deaths in that tank over a 6 week period.
Both of these use Swiss Tropical poret foam cubefilters.
- 20 gallon high is my community tank with zebra danio, Harlequin Rasboras, amano shrimp, nerite snails, and panda cories.
Currently have two adult and three young panda cories that were born in this tank.
- 5.5 gallon with some assassin snails that I accidentally vacuumed up from the 16.

All of the tanks with HOB's use Aqueon Quietflow filters modified to work similar-ish to the Aquaclear filters  (can post about those mods in another thread)

Gilbotron

Hi Brad and welcome to the club and the community!  You will surely find this to be an excellent source for all things aquarium related in the valley.  Always great to meet fellow hobbyists with a bad case of MTS.  Most of us are afflicted...

Thats an impressive collection to amass in just under a year - you've been busy! 

Are your tanks planted?  What kind of substrates do you use?

charlie

Welcome and thanks for joining us.
Looking forward to some more insight of your impressive line up of tanks in our " tank build forum" of course pictures would be awesome ;)
ovas.ca/forum/index.php?board=69.0
Regards

yellowtang

WELCOME TO OVAS FROM ALL OF US REEFERS HERE AT THE CLUB   ;)
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

Black_Rose

Quote from: Gilbotron on October 27, 2017, 10:31:22 AM
Hi Brad and welcome to the club and the community!  You will surely find this to be an excellent source for all things aquarium related in the valley.  Always great to meet fellow hobbyists with a bad case of MTS.  Most of us are afflicted...

Thats an impressive collection to amass in just under a year - you've been busy! 
I was laid off in the summer of 2016 after 24 years and looked for something to keep me sane(?) while looking for a new job  ;)
Probably not the wisest decision moneywise, but I've enjoyed it.

Are your tanks planted?  What kind of substrates do you use?
Most have floating plants.  A couple of them have Amazon Sword, either in bowls with Seachem Flourite or directly in the substate. I use root tabs for both methods.

Most of my tanks have regular gravel in them.
The 5.5 has black sand, and the 20 high has small pebble/river rock.