New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello

Started by AngelaM, October 31, 2017, 10:08:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AngelaM

Hi everyone.

I'm new here and thought I would introduce myself. I moved to the Ottawa area from Newfoundland at the end of June. In Newfoundland, I had two well established planted tanks (a 15g and a 20g long). Before leaving I combined them and gave the resulting tank to a friend and sold off the excess equipment

Four months later I realised that I needed an aquarium again. However, for the past three years or so I've been happily puttering along with the inhabitants (cherry shrimp, pest snails, celestial pearl danios, and one very resilient rescued swordtail) and plants I without adding things I couldn't propagate myself. So seeing I'm starting from scratch I'm using this opportunity to educate myself on what is out there and any new developments. To that end, I decided to join OVAS and hopefully get to some of the meetings!

I hope to get to know everyone, learn lots, and enjoy building my new 20g long (I really love that aquarium size!).

charlie

Welcome Angela, happy to have you on board.
Looking forward to learning more about your interest in the hobby.
Regards

matttimms49

Hey welcome to the OVAS. I'm looking forward to seeing your 20 g long build when you get round to putting pictures up :)

This people in this forum have a whole host of knowledge to share so feel free to put questions up.

sas