New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Lets see your shrimp tanks

Started by k1ng, November 01, 2017, 09:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

k1ng

I have recently become very interested in shrimp and I want to see everyone's setup! Upload some pictures of the setup and the type of shrimp your keeping.

Ive had cherry shrimp in the past but just recently bought some blue bolts. Its my first time keeping caridina shrimp so I'm pretty nervous so hopefully all goes well. I find that the shrimp are congregating in the corner and I don't know why, anyone have any suggestions?

charlie

60P -CRS/CBS with some golden off spring, some Blue Rili.
Tank is co2 injected and fertilized.

charlie

Fluval 5 gallon Ebi with Yellow shrimp and Chili rasboras

Shawn84

what substrate are you using. how long was this tank setup before the shrimp was added? Hows the acclamation process?
A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

k1ng

Im using fluval stratum and I had the tank cycling for 3 weeks with seeded sponge filters, plants, and driftwood. The acclimation process has gone great and no deaths!

tanksalot360

Greg_N

Just trimmed and a water change so not looking perfect but this is my 8gallon cube Orange neos and chilli's.

lucius

Here's my 20 gallon shrimp tank.  The tank belonged to my father and is older than I am hence the silver trim.  It's still holding up after all these years but I did have to reseal it a few years ago.

Livestock
- Sulawesi Malawa and Blue Carbon Rili shrimp
- Nerite snails. 

Plants
- I had water wisteria in the back left corner but just swapped it out for Taiwan lilies.
- Moss balls
- Weeping moss
- Hydrocotyle sibthorpioides
- Lindernia india,
- Marsilea hirsuta
- I have about six/seven species of buce
- Three type of anubias, gigantean, golden and pinto

Low maintenance, high light, liquid ferts and liquid CO2.  Substrate is Netlea soil.