New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

120g leak - need a temporary tank!

Started by Gilbotron, November 06, 2017, 10:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilbotron

My 120g sprung a fast leak on the weekend so I had to evacuate it and drain it immediately. I got really lucky in a couple ways...
1. Location: the 20g of water it lost before I found it went right under the wall into the furnace room drain so no damage to the house. 
2. I had a cycled 10g and an empty 30g (both I was planning to stock with finds from the Mtl auction) ready to go.

I ordered a new 120 but it will only be here in 2+ weeks.

So now I have a few issues...  The 120 was already way overstocked, and now all my fish and plants are in buckets, totes and these smaller tanks but keeping the water filtered, heated, and aggression in check is proving a challenge. Ideally I would like to consolidate things in the buckets into a larger tank to simplify the maintenance and give the fish space before they murder each other.

Does anyone have a spare 75 or 90 (that doesn't leak!!!) that I can borrow for a couple weeks?  Alot of my fish are jumpers so would also need a lid if its a 75 (I have spare lids for a 90).

Also, anyone got piles of floating plants (duckweed, frogbit, salvina, wisteria, etc.) I can have to help keep nitrates in check?

I can pickup any evening this week.

Thanks in advance!

charlie

That is very unfortunate Mike and something we all fear, sorry to hear of your experience.
I wish i had something that would help , hopefully one of the good people here will step up.
Errol

Gilbotron

Yes, it is an awful situation, but I'm a glass half full kind of guy...

Now I get to rescape a 120g and correct all the mistakes I made the first go around!!!

matttimms49

AngelaM

Yikes! Seeing I rent leaking tanks are always my worst nightmare. Good luck!

fish finatic

I have a 65 gallon or a 135 gallon I could lend you.

Gilbotron

Gilbotron

I'm still looking for a loaner tank if anyone has.  Ideally before the weekend.  55+ gallons will solve the majority of my issues.

Thanks!

matttimms49

Is the free tank still available in the classifieds?