New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Car pool - La Sam Auction on Sunday Nov.13th

Started by charlie, November 10, 2017, 04:43:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

As is customary , the club encourages attendance to the La Sam auction, to this cause OVAS will be offering a small stipend for paid members in good standing for the 2017 - 2018 season .
To qualify for the carpool subsidy , a minimum of 2 members per car is required at 10.00 for each person .
Please use this thread to signal your intent to participate along with who you are accommodating in your vehicle.
P.S OVAS is not liable for any incidents or other in relation to going or returning from the auction.
Regards Errol

Jody

ksj

Could you please explain what the La Sam Auction is? Location, what to expect and any other information you could give, please?
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

rivermuse

I plan on attending the Montreal auction. If anyone has an empty spot in their car, I will hop in. Let me know.

P.S. Worst case, if there is no one available. I might drive down myself and can take one or two people with me. I will post back again if this is the case.

Jody

LA SAM auction is the annual fall auction for the French club in Montreal. There is normally over 1000 items,  with lots of different fish available.

Jody

matttimms49

Jody

Just a couple of notes for those going up
It is a cash auction,  there is no bank machine on site. The closest is about 2 blocks away and it charged like $4 for off brand change.
There are some drink machines there and I believe a snack one as well.
Typically they have muffins and pizza. There is not much very close, so anything else you need, make sure you bring.
Jody

fredmir

They open up a Uni Burger very  close to the fish auction, 2-3 minutes walk.

Great burgers

https://www.uniburger.com/

4412 NOTRE DAME OUEST MONTREAL, QC H4C 1S1

ksj

Just a couple more questions, how long does it last and how long is the drive there and back?
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

lucius

The day of the La SAM auction is tomorrow, November 12th not the 13th.

http://aquasam.qc.ca/?p=1766

charlie

Jody

It is about 2 hours to get there,  and really is a whole day event.

rivermuse

Alright no bites! so I'm driving there by myself. If anyone needs a ride, message here or PM me. Thanks

charlie

Another great event by La Sam.
8 members attended and enjoyed some nice deals and even some rare findings, was great to reunite with our old friends in Montreal and make new ones.
rivermuse was the big winner from OVAS, Winning a Zoo Med Canisterfilter, congrats rivermuse !

matttimms49

rivermuse

Thanks Matt and Charlie! :)

I think someone from Ottawa won a nice one last year as well. A big full tank set up I think.