New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Thumbs up for Chihiros A-Series Light

Started by charlie, November 11, 2017, 04:07:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

2 days ago i was trying to organize some light cords etc. i accidentally yanked the power cord for the  Chihiros A-Series Light causing it to fall into the tank while still powered and light, it was submerged for about 5-10 seconds before i was able to pull it out , all the while it was still bright as it was before it went scuba diving  :),.
The next light cycle it worked flawlessly and is still doing so. Note to self , unplug and remove all electricals in future.

George2

That sounds kind of dangerous.    :) 
I have a GFI on my electrical circuit and have always wondering if it would actually cut the power if I dropped my light in my aquarium.

charlie

Quote from: George2 on November 13, 2017, 12:43:16 AM
That sounds kind of dangerous.    :) 
I have a GFI on my electrical circuit and have always wondering if it would actually cut the power if I dropped my light in my aquarium.
There is a GFIC   on all outlets where my aquariums are plugged in.

Kelly

Everything electrical in my tanks is GCFI protected. Having said that I accidently knocked one of my Finnex 24-7 lights into one of my tanks while illuminated and it didn't trip the GCFI and it didn't extinguish either. I guess they are well sealed because I'm sure my fish would have felt it if not. When I designed my room I put in a dedicated circuit for my aquariums only and all are protected with GCFI, it's the safe way to go.
Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.

matttimms49

glad to know that they still work after a little water. Keep us updated on it to see if it still works after a week or so.