New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Boesmani rainbow breeding

Started by Jody, December 03, 2017, 12:08:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jody

Hi everyone,
So a couple of weeks ago I noticed that my male rainbow was really showing off to the girls. I took a pair out and put them in a 20 gallon tank with a couple of spawning mops. A few days later I noticed so eggs in the mops. I took them out and put them in a couple of containers with an airstone in each. I have been watching the eggs growing and tonight,  the first couple of hatchling.
Jody

Amsterdom

After breeding live bearers, I couldn't believe how small rainbow fry are. Almost microscopic.

I accidentally bred some bosemanis in my 29g while transferring a group of random rainbowfish from one 120 to another.
The 29 gallon transfer tank became their home pretty fast.

That was like 4 months ago, and they're only now reaching dime size and eating 1mm pellets.
130g Jardini Arowana
120g Rainbowfish, Tetra, Gourami, Angelfish (Planted CO2)
120g Angelfish, Denison Barbs, Diamond Neon Tetras, Rummy Nose Tetras, Rainbow Sharks (Planted)
120g Mixed African Cichlids
75g Electric Blue Acara, Green Texas Cichlid, Tinfoil Barb, Snow King Pleco
75g Red Devil Cichlid
55g Angelfish, Live Bearers (Planted)
55g Discus
55g Figure Eight Puffer (Brackish)
29g Quarantine System (Planted)
10g Crowntail Betta, Diamond Neon Tetras (Planted)

charlie

Jody

Yeah they are pretty tiny things right now. About 15 or so that I can count swimming around with quite a few eggs left.

Jody