New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Broken LED light- looking for a Christmas loaner

Started by matttimms49, December 20, 2017, 10:50:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matttimms49

So I managed to somehow get some water in my fluval 'water proof' light and now the darn thing is stuck in night mode.

Its still under warranty but with it being so close to Christmas I doubt it's going to be fixed or replaced quickly.

I was wondering if anyone has a spare light suitable for a planted 40 gallon breeder I could possibly borrow over the Christmas period until o get my light returned from fluval.

Thanks and merry Christmas.

charlie

Matt, if needed  i have 2 incandescent dome reflectors that would require 2 screw in daylight compact fluorescent bulbs , they should bridge the gap until such time you have your light sorted out. 

Kalinkacat

What is your tank length?  Depending on that I may have a spare light for loan.

Thanks.

matttimms49

Gilbotron

Best time of year to get something shipped - parcel services are still cranked up for holiday shipping, but the volume drastically reduces come the 25th. You should be able to get a replacement pretty quick from manufacturer.

I have a 48" dual t5 if you need.  You'll just need to prop it up somehow as the legs will overhang your tank. 

Desk lamps with Daylight CFL bulbs work in a pinch.

lucius

I would wait until after the new year to claim any warranty.  Manufacturing usually closes down for the holidays so there would probably be no one the other processing your claim.

Darth

Quote from: Gilbotron on December 21, 2017, 11:39:39 AM
Best time of year to get something shipped - parcel services are still cranked up for holiday shipping, but the volume drastically reduces come the 25th. You should be able to get a replacement pretty quick from manufacturer.

I have a 48" dual t5 if you need.  You'll just need to prop it up somehow as the legs will overhang your tank. 

Desk lamps with Daylight CFL bulbs work in a pinch.

if he doesnt take it pm me with how much you are looking to get for it as im looking for a 48 inch t5 fixture.

Darth

ive got a full spectrum par 38 led with gooseneck you can borrow till you get yours fixed. it wont be enough to cover the whole tank but can give you some coverage till you get sorted

matttimms49

Hey everyone, thanks so much for your concern and kind offers.

Through great customer service from Critter Jungle and FluvalI was able to get a replacement yesterday. Just before closing for the holidays. So all is well.

Merry Christmas everyone