New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

100 Gallon African Tank

Started by limmer, December 29, 2017, 12:10:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limmer

Time for a change.
I redid my 100 gallon African tank before Christmas.
I removed all my Large Africans and repopulated it with Juvies.

I put Cyrtocara moorii, Aulonocara Maylandi Chimwalain Reef, Pseudotropheus elongatus mpanga,
Labeotropheus trewavasae mpanga,Labidochromis caeruleus.

I also put some small Synodontis Petricola, but I don't think they survived (too small).  I will have
to add larger ones.
I also have some Electric Blue Sciaenochromis fryeri ahli juvies that I was thinking of adding.

I know that's alot of fish but I like the look and will thin it out as they get larger.
Part of my goal also was to free up some tanks but with offspring, I don't think that will happen.

tanksalot360

Nice tank! Looks like proper rock work and great fish selection. Do your moorii always pose at the bottom for photos?
How big were the adults?!

lucius

Looks great limmer.  8)  Must have taken awhile for the rock work since you can only access your tank from one side.

limmer

The Moori seem to school together and move about.
They are more open water and do not enter the rocks much.
Most of my Adult Africans were over 5-6 inches except for the Elongatus which was a bit smaller.

Luckily I could handle all of the rocks.  I know that some of the rocks Jody had in the big store tank were quite heavy.

Dxpert

Fantastic looking tank! Well done. I love watching fish school together, great that you were able to achieve that.

Jody

That looks great Limmer!
Nice selection of fish.

Jody

charlie

Thanks for sharing Peter, amazing job and tank.

Mark

Looks fantastic ;D

I am a huge fan of Labeotropheus trewavasae mpanga, but I don't seem to see them, they must also be a fan of your rockwork 8)

Would love to buy some juvies if you ever have any surplus you felt like selling.
Well and truly hooked.

ajm1961

Nice work Peter! Happy New Year to you and your family, and the cichlids of course!  :P
SHARE YOUR PASSION FOR THE HOBBY!

daworldisblack

Looks great Peter! Real nice re-scape!
Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

rivermuse

zenins

The aquarium and fish look great Peter :)
Zenin

Cichlids: With great challenges come great rewards

Mike L

Excellent looking tank. Glad to see a very well done cichlid tank with rock proportions to fish size as right as you can get in an aquarium. Plus rather then trying to cram one of everything as so many do you stuck to a few species in  the tank giving a beautiful balance.
Mike