New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Ordering 'Total' Substrate Fertilizer

Started by wolfiewill, February 01, 2018, 10:35:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfiewill

I'm going to order more of the 'Total' substrate fertilizer from aquariumplants.com if anyone is interested in joining in? It's the only macro substrate fertilizer that I've found in North America (that doesn't produce algal blooms on the surface of the substrate). These are vastly better than the expensive micro (only) substrate ferts that the big name suppliers provide. I've been using them for years. I must warn you though that the shipping, duty and exchange rate usually increases the price by 2.5 times. But at about $29 cdn (landed here) for 75 they are still cheaper than the name brand micro varieties. And they last for several months. For slow growing plants like crypts they last from 4 to 6 months before needing to add more. Link to the web page here, and they are the 'Fert1 Total' in the list:

http://www.aquariumplants.com/AquaFertz-com-SUBSTRATE-VITALIZATION-SYSTEM-p/fert.htm
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

Gilbotron

These are the root tabs right?  I want one please.

Black_Rose

I wonder how these compare to the ones The Plant Guy in Winnipeg sells?

I ordered some of his this morning as I wanted to try something else.

wolfiewill

Quote from: Gilbotron on February 01, 2018, 12:53:41 PM
These are the root tabs right?  I want one please.

Yes. These are the root tabs.
"Don't tell fish stories where the people know you; but particularly, don't tell them where they know the fish." Mark Twain

wolfiewill

Quote from: Black_Rose on February 01, 2018, 02:04:47 PM
I wonder how these compare to the ones The Plant Guy in Winnipeg sells?

These are the ones that are reputed to cause algal blooms at the surface of the substrate over where they are placed.

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

Black_Rose

Quote from: wolfiewill on February 01, 2018, 09:57:34 PM
These are the ones that are reputed to cause algal blooms at the surface of the substrate over where they are placed.
Oh well.

I'll give them a try and see what happens.

daworldisblack

Born-again Aquatic Hobbyist with interest in planted nano tanks and Killifish!

wolfiewill

Quote from: Black_Rose on February 02, 2018, 09:51:43 AM
Oh well. I'll give them a try and see what happens.

Try to plant them as deep as possible. This may solve the problem.

wolfiewill

So I'm going to order three bottles this week. One each for exv152, daworldisblack and Gilbotron. Is this correct?

exv152

Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g