New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Shrimp Tank

Started by Jeff1192, February 02, 2018, 03:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

I had an empty Fluval EBI shrimp tank in my basement looking lonely so I decided to set it up. I had it running a while back but never as a shrimp only tank (I always had micro rasboras or other small fish in there as well). I decided to get it up and running and threw a few cherry shrimp in it to start. I used some stone and driftwood that I had lying around and picked up some java moss, hornwort and water wisteria.
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

Black_Rose

That looks great.

What filter are you using in that?

Jeff1192

Just the little underwater filter that comes with the kit. Creates pretty good flow and I add biomedia too it.

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

tanksalot360

I like the EBI, the bent glass is a really nice touch. That should fill up in no time :)
How have you tied the moss down?

Jeff1192

I actually used a staple gun to attach it

- George Orwell