New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What did you do today in the hobby?

Started by lucius, February 18, 2018, 03:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucius

I did a search and I didn't find any such thread on this forum.  I've seen this on countless other forums so I thought it would be fun to start on here.  :D

So what did you do today in the hobby?

lucius

I did some minor landscaping in my 75 gallon.  I also found my crayfish about five feet away from his tank.  He had climbed out and was making a run for it.

tanksalot360

Can we count last night as well? I had to replace an LED chip on a spot light. And today, I visited Big Al's and picked up a small group of Corydoras similis. 

Greg_N

Trimmed back a ton of christmas moss and babies tears in my shrimp tank and watch all my Praecox fry swinging around, oh so relaxing. :)

Jody

Great idea!
Today was a quiet fishroom day for me. Just a quick feeding of dry food, white worms and microworms. Plus moved a piece of plant from one tank to another.
Lots of plans for stuff to do in the next couple of days.

Jody

George2

I did my usual Sunday water changes. Plus, I spent some time trying to figure out the sexes of my two blue bolt caridina shrimp. I'm terrible at it, though. Hopefully I've got one of each.  :)

George

rivermuse

I had to clean my LED lights, there was thin white sediment formed on them.

Black_Rose

Yesterday I did water changes on four tanks, visited Big Al's, and reduced the intensity on one of my tanks due to an algea bloom.

ksj

Quote from: tanksalot360 on February 18, 2018, 05:47:08 PM
Can we count last night as well? I had to replace an LED chip on a spot light. And today, I visited Big Al's and picked up a small group of Corydoras similis. 

I had to look up those cories and they are very pretty. Now I'm going to head to big als tomorrow to get some myself.
90g with 20g sump - Endlers, Kuhli loaches, Betta, Pearl gourami, Salt and pepper cories, Ottos, Assassin snails, Unlucky trumpet snails
~Kim

Kalemh

I did a leak test on my new tank as well as checked the flow of the filters.

Box Jockey

"You can't run from me! Oh, you *can* run from me! You keep surprising me." -- Tamatoa

lucius

RachelButt

Hi, all. Today I  did my usual Thursday water changes ;)

Christianloug

Started cleaning a bunch of play sand that I will use for my 75 gallon, when I set it up, any tips for cleaning it? It takes forever and is extremely messy, also did water changes on the 6 running tanks in my house, trimmed my plants in my ten and eight gallon, normal feeding, my female guppy released more fry in my 25 gallon, I am going to be taking down one of my ten gallons and I have lots of marbled self cloning crayfish babies in there as well as a mother, Hoping to sell them and the tank, the tank comes with a filter and heater, it's topfin 10 gallon with tank, hood, lights, filter, heater and green substrate that I'll sell for 40$ and the momma crayfish for 12$ and the babies for 1$ each,. I am open to offers or trades though, I'm interested in stuff for my 75 gallon perhaps a promise of a breeding pair of kribensis for all the crayfish? Open to ideas, also doing alot of work on my 75.
Christian.