New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Whatever ever happened to tropical fish/ aquarium books?

Started by Mark, February 24, 2018, 08:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Well and truly hooked.

tanksalot360

They are few and far between - I'd agree. The last books I purchased were directly from the authors (Anton Lamboj, Rachel O'Leary, Oliver Lucanus). Magazines like TFH and Amazonas are available digitally for modest subscription fees (I bought TFH for 1$, 2 years in a row). Sadly the OVAS library has been dismantled.
Do we now just google for direct answers, rather than study the material? Are we so quick to forget the methods and the madness that has advanced the aquarium hobby to where it is today? I think the vlog-age has us all subscribed to more YouTube channels than magazines (not a bad thing when the very same people are publishing books). On the plus side, I enjoy watching a tank being built, a product in action, or some underwater footage of natural habitat in what seems to be a more realistic application on video than in a magazine.  There are some cool aquarium/ aquascape related pod casts available too.

If there's a book you're looking for - ask on here, it may be on someone's library shelf.