Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

LF: Volunteer for AHAP

Started by mseguin, August 10, 2006, 11:45:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseguin

With work and other engagements, I've decided I don't have time at this point to run both BAP and AHAP. I am looking at ways to expand participation in BAP, but don't have the time to devote properly to AHAP. As such, I am asking if anyone would like to volunteer to run the AHAP (Aquatic Horticulturist Awards Program). PM me for details, but it isn't a huge workload, mainly getting more people to participate and verifying propagation reports. The pay sucks :-), but I'm sure some of the people whose plants you're verifying might throw a few your way. Whether those plants are of a legal or non-legal variety is your business, but keep in mind, only AQUATIC plants count :-)

babblefish1960

It should be a volunteer who is somewhat knowledgeable in underwater plants, and this person should be capable of both doing the job, and being friendly. Quite frankly, to accomodate the ability to judge based on photographs, it should be someone with reasonable computer and internet access.

BigDaddy

Just for some clarification:

Our BAP/AHAP chair is looking to delegate some of his responsibilities.  The AHAP program will still ultimately remain Matt's responsibility.  It would be similar to the executive looking for volunteers for the Giant Auction... just a little more long term   :D