Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Classified topics question

Started by gvv, August 24, 2006, 05:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gvv

I found out this is difficult to navigate Classified as we have more than 800 ads there. I would like to include some rule, so that after some time the ad will be removed and it the subject was not sold, person should make a new add. I'm sure that not all of the existing ads are valid now...

Regards

babblefish1960

Check the dates, they are removed, automatically, and when people post that something has been bought, sold, found, whatever, these too are removed, however, we have received a couple complaints that the classifieds are far more important to some people and they would rather that the lounge be deleted, as they like to refer to old sales to check prices, who sold what to whom, etc.

pegasus

Quote from: babblefish1960 on August 24, 2006, 06:40:23 PM
Check the dates, they are removed, automatically, and when people post that something has been bought, sold, found, whatever, these too are removed, however, we have received a couple complaints that the classifieds are far more important to some people and they would rather that the lounge be deleted, as they like to refer to old sales to check prices, who sold what to whom, etc.
Yes I'm one of them.

Before posting a "LF:" I do a search of who was selling them previously and pm directly the individual.

babblefish1960

Yes that is correct, you were one of those, so there you have it, that is one reason we don't clean out the classifieds quite so cleanly.

darkdep

We used to clean them out after 30 days; unfortunately as pegasus mentioned there is good info in the classifieds that sometimes gets lost.

Now, it's sort of common courtesy to put in a "Sold please delete" type post in your thread once the item is sold, and the post will then be removed by one of the mods.

mseguin

To those who want the classifieds can stay, is this mostly for livestock, and can equipment posts still be deleted?

pegasus

Good point Matt!  Maybe after 2 months? or 3 months if you want to treat a tank as real estate. :D

lucky777

What about a SOLD option you can click (like on www.usedOttawa.com).  Is that possible?