Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Calibrating Ebo Jager submersible heaters....

Started by FishBuddy, September 22, 2006, 02:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishBuddy

This is probably a really dumb question...  But how do you calibrate those Ebo Jager heaters???  I still haven't figure out to this day on how to calibrate it....

I know in the instruction manual, it askes you to pull on the blue knob; but mine can't be pull or push at all...    When I first got my heater, I've set my dial to 77 and it is quite accurate.  Now, with the dial still sitting at 77, the actual water temperature is 80 so the heater is a bit off.

Hints anyone???

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

charlie

Sometimes the blue button can be a little hard to move & needs the gentle persuasion of a plier to pull it out.
Regards

darkdep

Yes, the blue button is STIFF.  I often just use my teeth, but a flathead screwdriver works well too.  It pops out maybe 3/8", then you turn the dial to what the temp really is, then push the button back in.

FishBuddy

Ok thanks guys...  I'll try it tonight...

I was thinking about a pair of pliers but don't really want to break the darn thing...  After all, these are expensive (and good) heaters :-)

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

succinctfish

Quote from: DarkDep on September 22, 2006, 03:25:49 PM
Yes, the blue button is STIFF.  I often just use my teeth, but a flathead screwdriver works well too. 
LOL...your dentist must just love you...Teeth are not tools :D

succinctfish

Quote from: FishBuddy on September 22, 2006, 02:58:06 PM
This is probably a really dumb question...  But how do you calibrate those Ebo Jager heaters???  I still haven't figure out to this day on how to calibrate it....

Thanks for asking the dumb question for all of us who haven't figured it out either ;) :D

I shall try your suggestion as well DD, but without the teeth ;D