Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Where to buy parts for......?

Started by zippity, September 28, 2006, 06:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zippity

I am looking to replace my strainers in my bio-wheels as they are in real bad shape. I have looked at the stores and maybe I missed them, I am not the brightest, after all I am american. Or do I have to order these parts right from the manufacturer. Strainers for Penguin filters, and motors/impellors for Aqua Clear.

Anyone know of a store or easier route?

Cheers,

Terry

charlie

Zippty, I`m not sure if it`s the pick up strainer you are referring to , but almost all parts for the penguin & Emperor can be purchased at Aquarium services ( they will order what they dont have in stock )
same for the aqua clear.

Regards

http://marineland.com/products/diagram_ecom/n_peng_125.asp

fishycanuck

I've bought replacement parts at Al's on Innes - there is a wall of parts behind the cash, just show the staff what you need.

darkdep

I've bought all my replacement parts from Big Als online...most of the time the parts I needed weren't in stock at the stores.

zippity

well i just got back from BA Innes and they had the strainer(bio-wheel) whatever you want to call it, but of course silly me picked the wrong sizes so I will return them and yes they are behind the cash, I never really looked behind the cash for some reason. They have the impellors there too but they do not carry the motor for the impellors, that they have to order in.

gvv

I have bad experience with ordering parts for my powerhead through BA store.
When I was ordering they said it will be about $10, when it arrived they said $25. I'd better buy new PH...