New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

aquaclear question

Started by artw, October 11, 2006, 09:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

Can anyone please tell me how far behind the tank an AC 300 and AC 500 stick out?  (I don't know the new model numbers)
like how far from the wall do I have to place the tank, so there is about 1/4" or so of clearance between the filter and the wall?

darkdep

The 300 is now the AC70, and the 500 is now the AC110.

I have a bunch of 70's.  I'll measure when I get home but the depth is around 4" or so.  You'll want to make sure you have extra clearance (I wouldn't go with less than 1/2") to get it out, too.  I kept it too tight on one tank upstairs and ripped the hell out of the paint over time.

garnpet

My AC70 sticks out 4 inches on the back of my aquarium.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

BigDaddy

I'm pretty sure I've got around 6 inches of clearance for my AC110's... but I'll measure them tonight.

artw

Thanks guys. it would be a pain to fill the tank, then go to the store and buy an AC110 and find that its about 1/4" too close to the wall LOL

darkdep

Yeah, I've done that.  LOL

Toss

For AC500, you can set it up so it requires between 5" to 6" clearence. I set up mine tight to the tank wall so I need only 5" clearence.
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS

artw

Hi, I gave it just over 5" between the tank and the wall, but I may need to empty it again anyway because the waterlevel is about 3/8" lower at the back than the front :/ (tank not level, oops)