Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Iron sup. fixing cloudy water probelm !?!

Started by kyonis, November 13, 2006, 05:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kyonis

One of my 5G tanks that is will planted had for last month really cloudy water that will not clear out regardless of what I do to it.

I did large water changes, small frequent water changes, changed the filter pads, I even sold over half the fish that was in it incase the fact that it was over stoked had anything to do with it (never had a problem before although it was always waaaaaaaaay overstocked).

Another thing to mention here is that the tank seems to always stabilize at a ph of a bout 5.5. (Will take water for test in lfs to see if am missing something there)

Now in the tank I have a plant that should have somewhat red leaves (don't know the name but I got it with that way) now it shows really fainted red and almost green so I added iron supplement to the tank. This morning I was watching a badis in the tank when I realized that it was in the very back of it .... the tank was CLEAR. If I know that this is the fix I would've added the iron a long time a go.

My question is can anyone relate the addition of iron to the water to solving the cloudy water problem?? ???
The fish by the way is doing fine as it was before.

Toss

iron for red leaves is just a myth. high nitrate will turn red leave to green. becareful with iron supplement, specially in small tank. start with half a dose suggested on the bottle. i don't think iron would help cloudy water, must be something else is going right in there.
75 gal - Mosquito rasbora, Bushynose pleco, RCS
9 gal - CRS
40 gal - Longfin Albino Bushynose pleco, RCS