Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Super Pet on Innis

Started by normc, December 09, 2006, 08:08:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

Quote from: JandNCarpenter on December 12, 2006, 08:22:26 PM
The SuperPet in Barrhaven - My experience was very positive. I lucked is as I expressed my interest in speaking to one of the senior staff in "Fish" and ended up speaking to Mike Country.  I was very pleased with the service and information I received.  I did double check in a few books to be sure as in the end I put down a significant sum of money to set up, establish, decorate and put plants into my new setup.

Glad to hear it, Mike is a great guy with a lot of knowledge, along with the caring attitude that likes to ensure he's doing his best for you. I should like to say welcome to OVAS too, and hope to be hearing more from you.

succinctfish

Quote from: Mettle on December 13, 2006, 01:27:23 AM
Agreed. I worked under Mike when I was at SP Barrhaven and he is a fantastic person, all around. He really and honestly cares about the customers and consistently bends over backwards to make people happy.

Mike certainly has always been great when I've dealt with him; superpet fish managers whose names start with M seem to be the best--there are two Mikes and now a Matt :D
It's always good to have knowledgeable staff when you go into the LFS, I think we all know after a visit or two who those people are, and go to them for the involved questions, and the netting of delicate fish.  It's unreasonable to expect everyone to be an expert; I value good customer relations and an eagerness to learn over a dismissive snobby expert anytime.  I guess it's a matter of balance and not expecting the world from someone standing on a concrete floor breathing in fish air all day for minimum wage.  At the end of the day, I'm glad to have another fish store in the city, and here's hoping they honour our OVAS discount ;D

babblefish1960

Quote from: sumik on December 11, 2006, 01:59:16 PM
Last week I've got Microrasbora Galaxy males thanks to a superb service in newly opened Super Pet in Orleans .  In my opinion  the service there is excellent and stocked with quality fish and plants. It was a rare experience to feel like a client in this kind of store. On the second occasion I've got some nice plants there - healthy and clean plants. I would say it was unique and pleasant experience while buying there. I am fully satisfied.
That is great that you found such service, that is also cool that you found such an intersting fish too.

Perhaps Rudy00 you could apply to any of these or other local fish stores, I would imagine that they are all looking for part timers, especially with the holidays upon us.

I still haven't learned about the discounts applying to SP on Innes, has anyone given it a try as yet, or met the fish manager?

PaleoFishGirl

Quote from: babblefish1960 on December 14, 2006, 12:52:10 PM

I still haven't learned about the discounts applying to SP on Innes, has anyone given it a try as yet, or met the fish manager?

I thought that was your job as our Corporate and Public Affairs TARDIS....

babblefish1960

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on December 14, 2006, 01:08:12 PM
I thought that was your job as our Corporate and Public Affairs TARDIS....

Yes it is ma'am, I confess that I have been very busy with work and such for a while now, hence the small time on-line, and as yet have not ventured out that way, heck, I'm even beginning to feel like a wind up toy.

So I thought since there were people already visiting the new store, I might inquire as to their own findings.

Thanks for stating the obvious madam vice president pusillanimousfearsomegorgon, you are so sweet. :D

charlie

The OVAS discount applies , the same as the other 3 stores, this was confirmed by Cameron one of the mangers.
Regards

babblefish1960

Thank you Charlie, that saves me a rush trip out there, and is this Cameron a fish manager do you know?

charlie

Jody i think he is the asst. store manager, could be wrong.
Regards

artw

Thread cleaned up.
Please keep the conversations clean,  and directly related to the fish hobby :) 

thank you