Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

fishy's

Started by daniel, December 17, 2006, 07:26:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

daniel

what is the best way to catch a fish in a net?

i have been trying to move my fish into my 70gal. but they swim to fast.

babblefish1960

Two nets and slow guiding movements always work better than one. Sometimes a bottle to lure or guide a fish into can be less traumatic for everyone involved, other times, depending on the fish in question, lowering the water level also helps. For very difficult to catch fish, a trap works best, as then there is no harried underwater chase scenes. Some fish admittedly, just seem impossible to catch and they are the ones we usually try to take the entire tank apart for.

az

bigger nets, thats all.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Melody

I back mine against the glass with a net.  Position the net directly in front of the fish and tap the glass behind the fish - whoooosh, right in.  Doesn't work everytime of course, but quite often it does.

Adam

Put the net in and hold it steady (in an area where the fish is likely to swim to), and then with your hand or another net chase them that way.  They get away from the moving threat really quickly and net themselves, so to speak.  But mbuna and some others will require a complete teardown...

Adam
150 Gallon Mbuna: 2 M. baliodigma, 5 Ps. sp. "Deep Magunga", 3 L. caeruleus, 3 Ps. demasoni, 1 P. Spilotonus 'Albino Taiwan Reef', 2 C. afra "Cobue", 2 Ancistrus sp.-144, 5 Ps. Acei, 1 Albino Ancistrus spp. L-144, Various fry

20 Gallon Long Reef: 1 Gramma melacara, 1 Pseudocheilinus hexataenia, 2 Lysmata amboinensis, 2 Lysmata wurdemanni, snails, hermits, crabs, mushrooms, SPS, rare zoanthids, palythoas, ricordea, favites, cloves, acans, candycanes leathers