Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Yellow labs

Started by freshwater, December 01, 2006, 02:47:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

freshwater

Hello all,

I have a question about yellow labs. Would two female yellow labs chase each other in a circle?
Two of my smaller sized yellow labs are doing exactly that, or you can call it a fight I guess. I know one of them is female, and I think the other one is a female too, so why would they be chasing each other around?

darkdep

Africans are territorial, aggressive fish by nature.  Two females, with the right personality, may not like each other.

That being said, one is likely a male :)

bitterman

I have this problem with a new introduced Yellow lab in my tank. The first few days agression was very bad, but it is calming down. The one is a confirmed female (got fry from her) and the other is probably a female (Artw vented her and believes she is, but untill she hold nothing is 100%).

If things don't calme down in the next few days I may have to sell her, as I don't want her dead due to stress.

Bruce

lucky777

QuoteThat being said, one is likely a male Smiley

I agree with Darkdep.  Might want to prepare for some babies.  My Labs have pumped out about 50-60 fry in the last 1 1/2 months.  Generally I see any of my cichlids circling or dancing before I notice a mouth or shell full of babies.

pegasus

All my females africans will chase each other at one time or another. They are just not as aggressive as the males.

cory

My females chase each other all the time! in circles, in triagles! I think they hate each other! :P Oh well! I guess its true...three's a croud.

bitterman

Well my 4th lab turned out to be a male. It spawned with my smallest female. 2M 2F is not a good ratio and my dominate male is beating up on the smaller male... Gota get my 65 up to put him in.

The good news is both female labe have bee holding since last year so another batch almost ready.... (Second batch since Sept) My fist batch is 3/4" to 1" now.

Bruce

cory

I dont remember how many batchs ive had...i sold 40 the other day and i have another 40 in the tank and she is holding in my tank.