Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Loaches

Started by beowulf, December 21, 2006, 07:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woody

I have a forty gallon breeder with 25 Botia Sidthimunki. Talk about a lively tank, and they are very entertaining and extremely active. So active I can't get a photograph.

Woody

Jesse

I have 4 clown loaches and 5 huge kuhlis and I love them. The clowns are my favorite loach that i have ever kept. They are always moving, very curious, very friendly, and I happen to like the colors they have. Kuhlis are nice aswell, they seem to help keep the tank clean, but I never se them untill the lights go out and early morning.

Steve_2

A lot of people seem to find their khili loaches very shy...I dont know what wrong with mine. They do tend to be sleeping during the day but all I have to do is throw in a few flakes of food and they all appear. Very active too.  I would have to say they are my favourite non-cichlid fish(that I own).

Laura

I've got weather loaches, khulis and pangio anguillaris (picture a khuli, make it silver, thinner and more snakey looking)
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

gonna_b_no_1

I have about 8 or 10 kuhli loaches, and I recently aquired a pair of banded mountain loaches.

I absolutely adore both of these!

beowulf

Quote from: Laura on December 21, 2006, 11:04:49 PM
I've got weather loaches, khulis and pangio anguillaris (picture a khuli, make it silver, thinner and more snakey looking)

How are the weather loaches?  A true coldwater fish, I read that they can even survive in an outdoor pond in Canada during the winter.  While not as big as the clown loach they can also reach close to 10 inches I believe.

sas

Loaches are our favorites also :). We've got 7 clowns altogether, 4 in one tank and 3 in another. They certainly live up to their names being the life of the tank :). We have 3 kuhlis also Harry, Larry and Moe? ::) Or is it Harry, Larry, and Curly ::) The nonfishy people in the family like to give names to my fish, of which I can never remember and am quickly reminded of when I misname them ::) I'm beginning to wonder if my family really does enjoy the fish? Sorry off topic. :-[ Have to agree loaches are awesome possum as my son would say 8)

beowulf

I love my clowns!!!  How big are yours now?

henry

I have 5 kuli loaches, I find are shy.

I also have a cold water tank with 5 weather loaches in with some white clouds. I really like the weather loaches. They are very entertaining, always doing something. Mine just go crazy for  chopped/blanched Spinach and frozen shrimp. Blood worms run a close 3rd. The tank is about 1/4 full of java moss, they love to root through it and hang out in it.

beowulf

Just added 3 more kubotai so my current one won't be alone anymore.  The four will be going into my 30g with 4 bolivian rams.