Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Cloudy fix

Started by homestar726, March 05, 2007, 01:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homestar726

Hey guys,

my tank is great. this is more for my GF, cause i wanna help, but i dont want to make it worse.

She bought the 20 gal starter kit for Big Ale's, and has had fish in it for 3-4 weeks. Her tank is super cloudy. My tank is bigger and has more fish, but I went and bought a filter that was 3 times the strength than the one that came with my tank.

So if I buy her a fluval internal filter (small one) and some media that help cut down on ammonia and nitrite will this help out her ecosystem? most of her fish died, and she has only 2 or 3 left.

I want her to have a positive experience like I have had :)

THanks ???

scorpion-stinger

As what I learnd from my experience, you have to make sure it's cycled (your tank). It gets really cloudy during the cycle process. Be paitent. it's takes awhile to cycle. I had mine as of Dec 26 and just cycled   :D ;D.  Let nature do it's job. ;)

Good luck
Marc

beowulf

More then likely a bacterial bloom which is normally harmeless to the inhabitants.  It often clears in a few days if not you could add some extra carbon to speed things up.

Nerine

watch out for overfeeding...and is she doing regular water changes?

best of luck!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts