Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

a crowd or a threesome???

Started by PrincessFish, February 28, 2007, 10:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrincessFish

Well, I definitely have one female and two male Bolivian Rams in my tank.  All three have been displaying their ovipositors for the past 5 days or so.  Two days ago I saw the dominant male rubbing his face along the flat rock (cleaning it?) and today I saw the recessive male doing the same thing!  I am a newbie so would appreciate any advice you more experienced hobbiests can provide.  Am I in trouble here?  Can I leave them all together?  I do not have MTS yet and was hoping to delay it at least until the summer!

They are actually getting along well.  The dominant male shoo's the other male away from the female most of the time but they are all cohabiting very well and I often find them all together.  The female stays closest to the dominant male and is pale in comparison to the boys but not showing as much pink as I was expecting - pink is more general colour not focussed on the belly area.

From the time I see eggs to when there are fry (although I realize that with the first breeding they are likely to all be eaten) how long will I have to get out there and pick up some fry food?

Wondering . . .

PuddleDuck

I would guess (guess being key here) that it would be less stressful with just the 1 male?

I wish I got that much attention  ;D