Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Mini auction: What are you bringing?

Started by succinctfish, May 23, 2007, 04:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

succinctfish

Next Monday is the monthly OVAS meeting, yes, busdriver, it is here at last. ;D
What a busy meeting, with the homeshow, the elections with all those interested in participating in the executive this year. (Hurray!) And of course, the monthly mini auction.  :)

So the question is, as always, what are you bringing to the mini auction?

And what are you looking for?

I shall start off by saying that I will most likely be bringing some G1 rams (mikrogeophagus ramerizi), and maybe some pineapple swordtails.

I am looking for plants, foreground and some crypts.

washefuzzy

I looking for some plants to and am also toying with the idea of bringing my my coral platies to action off  and replacing them with neons or white cloud minnows.

kennyman

Is it happening? I was wondering, with the time concerns and parking issues mentioned in other threads, if the auction was going to happen.

I have five unwanted barbs and a  kenya tree frag. I also need to deliver something to someone.

I would be looking for bacopa for my cabana.

washefuzzy

Quote from: dan2x38 on May 24, 2007, 08:23:18 PM
I can prune out some bronze crypt & maybe some green. I also have: Luwigia repens (red), Bocopa carolina, Limnophila sessiliflora, Water Sprite; could prune out some Java fern to of course. I will trade them. I am to OVAS how does the auction work? Who is the auctioneer?
Plants wonderful!

washefuzzy

Quote from: kennyman on May 24, 2007, 07:23:18 PM
Is it happening? I was wondering, with the time concerns and parking issues mentioned in other threads, if the auction was going to happen.

I have five unwanted barbs and a  kenya tree frag. I also need to deliver something to someone.

I would be looking for bacopa for my cabana.
What kind of barbs to you have and how big do they get?

busdriver

BigDaddy suggested I bring a couple of my b/n plecos.
I think I will try, only if I can catch them though :D :D ;) :)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

You may want to start catching them now, and isolating them in something more easily recaught in for Monday.

Try a pop bottle with some shrimp in it, they may well make it easy for you.

kennyman

Quote from: dan2x38 on May 24, 2007, 08:23:18 PM
how does the auction work? Who is the auctioneer?

The auction is very simple and relaxed, well for the most part. There are a few people brave enough to stand up front and show the goods and they take turns with items ;)

The club takes a cut from each item and you get cashed out at the end of the night. Just bag your plants up in bunches of a couple of stems or whatever and come early enough to register them with Art, Or if you know a few days before try and pre register.

BigDaddy

I'll be bringing some Echinodorus angustifolia (a chain sword) and some Mayaca fluviatilis.  Maybe some Java moss too.

normc

Electronic timer for lights, if I don't forget it.

sniggir

would love to see some SW stuff...ie pumps, skimmers...even coral frags... also some frontosa's would be nice... I may have some nice straight val's as they are getting prity dense right now
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!