Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Big Al's and SuperPet and Pet Smart

Started by homestar726, March 13, 2007, 10:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

homestar726

Hey guys, quick consensis survey. How much do you think Big Al's or SuperPet or PetSmart sell a 55 or 70gallon tank for with the hood and light. I have everything else already.

So where do you guys think the deals are?

mseguin

Really depends what ur looking for. Are you looking for a showpiece tank, bare tank, fully equipped, etc.

PrincessFish

Ok I'm butting in here but I'd be interested in info on showpiece tanks.  I'll be looking for a larger tank this summer/fall - say 90ish g. for a livingroom - preferably wood stand and canopy.

homestar726

Im looking for the tank, hopefully long. Canopy and and lights. Thats about it. I already have a fluval 404, Emporer 400 (dual bio-wheel), and another 30 gal filter. I have a 100w heater, and a 50w, all the decorations, etc etc etc.

The thing is i have a 29g, but i want something bigger, so ive been buying in pieces, lol, and i have pretty much every except the tank canopy and light. I am even willing to build my own stand....

But when it comes to buying tank from all these different places im lost. there are so many different types, and I really have a hard time driving out to all these places to price shop. I checked the classified here, and it seems that the prices are more than ive sen for new, or contains everything, most of which i dont need.

If anyone knows of a deal, or works at a retailer, or has a lead, lemme know. I am also working on a limited budget  Full time student with 2 jobs to pay for it. :D Aquaria is my one few hobbies that I can relax and let go with

artw

Well, your best bet is to call the store and ask.  I work at Big Al's but only like 6 hours a week so I don't know the prices of each item.

Jesse

Definately check out the Hagen Osaka's when they get in. They seem to be pretty cool!

sniggir

I find it best to shop at all three they all seem to have diferent sales on.. like on boxing day Als had great sales on thier tank's for sure
90 gallon/ 90 gallon sump all male show tank, 75g Accie, 75g masoni reef alonacara, yellow lab and trio of flame backs, 75 gal tawain reef, 75 gal bi500, red shoulder, blue regal,
40 gal breeder  F1 electric blue frierei, 25 gal sunshine peacock males awaiting females, 20 gallon trio albino pleco, 65gal neolamprongus Brachardi pulcher 2 30g fry grow out, 20g hatchery with 4 batches of eggs currently
Starting on a fish wall for breeding more coming soon!

93GTCANADA

they have that hagen tank at critter jungle on carling and kirkwood. very very nice tank.

feral

A 55gallon tank is $160 w/lights canopy at Petsmart.  I have an extra metal stand for one if you're interested.

PoisonJello

well if your going to build your own stand you should build your own canopy as well that way just buy the tank and a glass top and pick up home depot shop lights for in your own canopy big al's innes the 75 gallon is $150, same tank in BA montreal $120 (I'm assuming you want a 4 foot tank) glass top is around $40 or $50

You will appreciate it more when you build it yourself  :)

Mettle

I would definitely wait for a sale somewhere. Sometimes there are great deals to be had. That's if you're not in a hurry.

homestar726

Yea, the waiting game seems like the best. For example if the petsmart 55g/light/canopy goes on sale from like 160 to 120 or even lower that would be wild!

Ill keep my eyes peeled. If you guys hear anything im justa pm away :D

Nerine

big al's has bigger/better sales than petsmart...usually a sale at petsmart is just 10$ off...I've seen 20$ off but usually not more than that!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

PoisonJello

according to LFS, companys usually put there large tanks on sale in july and december..the 75g is the one that usually on sale about $40 to $50 off sometimes other tanks sizes also