Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Did everyone get what they wanted at the auction?

Started by hummer, March 04, 2007, 07:24:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

Quote from: Sue on March 06, 2007, 06:48:27 PM
We won a some beautiful Julies, and sulfur head peacocks all of which should of sold for much more than we paid for them. My favourite fish from the night so far is Jen's male O.ventralis...stolen for 6$. I don't think enough other people knew what it was, or how much they cost! Here's what he can look like:
http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/species.php?id=2108
Right now he's a 'brown fish' but I'll pamper him and see what happens!

I sure didn't know what that fish was or I would have bid on it for sure...

Mettle

Well, I managed to miss yet another auction. Second year in a row! That's okay, though. I end up spending no money this way (especially since I just spent it all on a new digital camera) and I get to live vicariously through the lot of ya and your wonderful finds and unreal steals. Glad to hear it all went so well!  :)

gmann

Well this year I didnt buy any fish. I missed the pseudotropheus perspicax "orange cap" trio with one female holding. >:(  I still dont know how that happened. However I did get the FX5 and Matt was kind enough to locate the hoses for me. He also dug up all the missing parts at a cost of $50, with OVAS discount. So not a bad deal at $210. The 2 power bars were an awesome deal as well. Long day but a fun one for sure. Just remember Zippity/girl, I let you win those rocks ! :D
gmann

sweetness85

ok so i'm slow in writing in this post...lol.  i found out about ovas about 2 days before the auction and i only went to deliver some fish to someone that lives in petawawa but he never showed.  well i went with the intention of trading 2 loaches for 4 cichlids and ended up spending about 60$!  oh i loved it though!  i was the one with the 2 kids.  sorry about that btw...lol.  i didn't plan on staying but after i started bidding on things i couldn't leave!  poor kids were so tired.  i feel like a bad mom now for making them go through that it was a loooong day for all of us.  did get a ton of things though.  the 2 things i did want i got.  2 huge angels(which i lost yesterday...=(  they got stuck in the intake hoze at night.  and a bag of about...actually i did count them 53 demasoni(actually there are about 5 of some other type but still cute) for 13$  i'm going to keep as many as i can and sell the rest for 3 or 4 bucks if i can get that much for them...shhhh.  those were the 2 things i wanted and i wasn't going to stop till i got them which ended up being one of the last tables.  also got a few unknown cichlids for 2$ each.  loved it loved it!!!  can't wait for the next one...btw when is the mini auction?

bitterman

Quote from: sweetness85 on March 16, 2007, 12:04:25 AM
ok so i'm slow in writing in this post...lol.  i found out about ovas about 2 days before the auction and i only went to deliver some fish to someone that lives in petawawa but he never showed.  well i went with the intention of trading 2 loaches for 4 cichlids and ended up spending about 60$!  oh i loved it though!  i was the one with the 2 kids.  sorry about that btw...lol.  i didn't plan on staying but after i started bidding on things i couldn't leave!  poor kids were so tired.  i feel like a bad mom now for making them go through that it was a loooong day for all of us.  did get a ton of things though.  the 2 things i did want i got.  2 huge angels(which i lost yesterday...=(  they got stuck in the intake hoze at night.  and a bag of about...actually i did count them 53 demasoni(actually there are about 5 of some other type but still cute) for 13$  i'm going to keep as many as i can and sell the rest for 3 or 4 bucks if i can get that much for them...shhhh.  those were the 2 things i wanted and i wasn't going to stop till i got them which ended up being one of the last tables.  also got a few unknown cichlids for 2$ each.  loved it loved it!!!  can't wait for the next one...btw when is the mini auction?

Sorry about the poor angels :(

There are mini auctions at most of the Monthly ovas meetings. The Ovas Callender shows when the meetings are http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=calendar

This months meeting is on March 26th.

I liked to see the kids there only problem was It made me miss my 23 month old son that was at home :) Your kids were veryy well behaved.. My son woudl have been going nuts after about 15 minutes.

Bruce