Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Apistogramma agassizii "Rio Tefe" - fry!

Started by PaleoFishGirl, January 30, 2007, 07:15:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaleoFishGirl

Yay, there are fry again!! I have no idea how many because they're still in the coconut house, but they're pretty wee! :)

PrincessFish

bitterman

Congradulations More fry!!!!!!! When is Art getting some for his acid pool?

PaleoFishGirl

Here's a video of the fry!!

There are a lot more in this brood than in the first one.

RedFish

Oh way cool - this is so much fun, I am glad you are making movies.

babblefish1960

That is a very nice surprise for you, she is such a good mum, just out of curiosity, what has dad been doing during this phase?

I love the video, and she looks like a happy camper fussing over the puppies. You're obviously a good fish mum too. ;)

PaleoFishGirl

Dad just hangs out in the back of the tank, behind the driftwood.  I don't see him much and more's the pity, he's beautiful!

succinctfish

He's being a sensible fellow then.  Females can be scary when they're breeding.  Unless you have enough dithers in the tank to make him useful as a protector, she's gonna kick his butt if he gets too close.  So he'll hide in the shrubbery until it's safe to come out.  You've got lots of babies there, we usually get 30-50 on average.  Have fun being a fishy parent  :)

artw

babblefish1960

How are the babies doing this time? Any more stories or pictures?

PaleoFishGirl

They're still alive! I haven't been home much to see them but they were hanging out in front of the coconut last night.  I'll try to get some more pics.

RedFish

Gee, when you raise them to juvies, could I buy some from you?   If would be fun to watch them grow through your videos and then have a couple myself!

More videos please - I want a video of your whole tank, I just saw on your sig that it is a 10 gallon, and I have a 12 gallon sitting empty........

RedFish

PaleoFishGirl

Sorry, my camera is busted so no more photos/videos until I can get a new one :(

The babies are fine, they're growing a little bigger and taking off further from the momma fish all the time.  I have no idea how many there are!

If you're looking to buy these fantastic fish, talk to succinctfish & babblefish1960... that's who I got mine from! (you guys breed great fish :))

RedFish

No longer looking to buy,  I bought fish at the auction, just curious about the babies!

PaleoFishGirl

Update - more fry! Here's a cute pic:

(click to see larger version)

RedFish

Ack!!! Cuteness overload!   They look like tiny big-eyed aliens!  Congratulations!

babblefish1960

Thank you for the update, they are so darn cute, good luck with these ones, and have fun taking more pictures! :)

beowulf

Your like super mom or something new babies every couple of weeks lol.  ;D