Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Eheim pro II filter

Started by callen, April 17, 2007, 07:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

callen

I am having problems with my Eheim  proII filter. I've been running it for about 3 years and have had ongoing trouble with the primer. When I dismantled the primer I discovered that the primer  O ring had stretched and wouldn't fit back inside the casing properly. I've talked to people at the various aquarium stores and had no luck. Apparently, you can't buy replacement O rings, you have to send them back to Eheim for repair. What I'm wondering, before I invest a fortune in postage, is whether anyone on this forum has had experience with this problem and knows of a less costly alternative.

Callen

dom

Hi Callen,

Sorry to hear your Eheim isn't working well.  I've had to replace the o-rings on my 2224s but I've never had issues with my ProIIs.  I checkedhttp://www.bigalsonline.ca/BigAlsCA/ctl3664/cp18010/cl0/canistereheim?viewType=Category

dom

For some reason, I stopped being able to type the rest of my last post.  My keyboard wouldn't respond.  Anyways, the link I posted might help as that's where I've been able to locate my replacement rings in the past.

Best of luck.

Dom

charlie

I have read on other forums about this problem, it seem to be one of the few faults with the pro 2 , unfortunately the only resolve is to send it back to Eheim for replacement  since the O ring is not available to the general public ( maybe Eheim should start making it available).
The shipping & repairs should not be that expensive since their repair centre is in Montreal ( you only need to send the motor), i have dealt with them before for another issue with my Pro2 & they replaced the O ring  while it was there at no cost.
Regards
P.S. call them & get an estimate, they might do it under warranty ( they did for me).

BigDaddy

What symptoms did you see before you started looking at the O rings on the priming unit?  Maybe mine are going too... it takes a lot to get my siphon started... sometimes I have to pull the "push to prime" button up manually to be able to get enough suction started.

Chinaman

Yeah, I would be interested to know too,as I have one of those fillers.

Sam

charlie

Quote from: BigDaddy on April 18, 2007, 09:07:11 AM
What symptoms did you see before you started looking at the O rings on the priming unit?  Maybe mine are going too... it takes a lot to get my siphon started... sometimes I have to pull the "push to prime" button up manually to be able to get enough suction started.
Apparently that is one of the symptoms,the other is a leak. I have not personally experience this, but have read about it, Eheim is aware of this problem but still does not make the O ring available as a replacement part ( for the pro 2`s), it has to sent to them .
I have 2 of these filters & one was sent to them to replace a broken motor housing ( which is also not available as a replacement part for the pro 2`s), at which time they checked & replaced the O ring at no cost.
Regards

charlie

Here is a link to a thread on another forum that talks about it, there is also a step by step pics of the  tear down.
Regards
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/equipment/39650-leaking-eheim-bad-eheim-customer-service.html