New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

OVAS Meeting or Sens Game - Monday night

Started by PaleoFishGirl, May 23, 2007, 08:44:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

There will be parking west of O'Connor.  I will probably park in the west end of downtown and walk from there.

FishPassion

I didnt realize just how bad parking will be till I read this thread. I had up untill this morning wanted to go but 1 hour in and 1 hour back from home and ummmmmmmm how far to walk?? sorry I wont be there.
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

babblefish1960

Don't be a big silly fishpassion, come in, we'll find you and drop you at the door, no walking, just tell me where you will park.

Laura

Just a reminder for everyone who is driving that Jack Purcell has parking onsite along Jack Purcell lane, and I believe in the back off Gilmour (although that may belong to the school - you'll need to check).  You may want to try those first before going too far afield.

Just make sure you get your permit from the staff at the front desk or you'll get a ticket.

There are also parking lots at City Hall, Cartier/Cooper and the YMCA which are only a few short blocks away.  Don't be scared of the walk - it's good for you!
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

RoxyDog

cookie list for tonight (about a dozen or so of each kind):

strawberry white chocolate (2 dozen b/c they sounded SO yummy!)
shortbread
butterscotch chocolate chip
s'mores
oatmeal chocolate chip
double chocolate
oatmeal
chocolate chip
oatmeal raisin
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

babblefish1960

Wow! You just have to love cookies, they are a food group you know! ;)

beowulf

Quote from: RoxyDog on May 28, 2007, 12:52:48 PM

shortbread
s'mores
oatmeal chocolate chip
double chocolate
oatmeal
chocolate chip
oatmeal raisin

Ashley is going to be pissed she cannot make it!!!

bitterman

shortbread
s'mores
oatmeal chocolate chip
double chocolate
oatmeal
chocolate chip
oatmeal raisin

I only have 1 question, Did you make them?  ;)   If so I will walk form bells corners if need!

bitterman

http://www.ottawa.ca/cgi-bin/pressco.pl?&Elist=9165&lang=en

NR:Mayor Announces Stanley Cup Finals Celebration Zones
Ottawa – Yesterday's Sens-Celebration was such a success, that Mayor Larry O'Brien has decided to do it all over again for each Stanley Cup final game – home and away – at several designated Stanley Cup Finals Celebration Zones in the downtown core.

"The people of Ottawa showed their hockey spirit yesterday here at City Hall, as well as last weekend at the Red Zone at Scotiabank Place and on Elgin Street's Sens Mile," Mayor O'Brien said. "We want to give as many people as possible the opportunity to join in the fun, so we are officially designating several City of Ottawa Celebration Zones."

In addition to the Red Zone at Scotiabank Place, which is the best place to be closest to the action, people can watch the game over dinner in restaurants along Elgin Street's Sens Mile or in restaurants around the Red Square in the ByWard Market. Each game day at 6:00pm, Festival Plaza will transform into City of Ottawa Fan Fest, proudly sponsored by: Zip.ca, Majic 100, 93.9 Bob FM and A-Channel, a family friendly celebration zone with food concessions and jumbo-tron screens. Scotiabank Place will also be open to the public to watch each away game with free admission and parking.

Police and other first responders will be out in force at all sites to ensure that everyone stays safe and extra OC Transpo busses will be available to take revelers home.

"To complement the sea of Senator red, there will be a wall of blue – police officers that is. It will be a Sens-ible Celebration where zero means zero...zero tolerance for liquor violations, disruptive behaviour or anyone venturing off-side of common sense," stated the Mayor. "Ottawa is going to show the world how to celebrate! This region is Hockey Country. Come join in the fun, support Canada's Team and help bring home Stanley."

Everyone is also encouraged to take transit to avoid congestion. Streets will not be closed, but parking restrictions will be in effect along Elgin Street each game day beginning at 5:30pm as follows:
· Cartier, Elgin, Metcalfe and O'Connor Streets
· Albert, Slater and Catherine Streets from Elgin to O'Connor
· Laurier, Lisgar, Somerset, Gilmour, and Gladstone Streets from Elgin to Metcalfe

Frank Finnigan Way at Scotiabank Place will also be closed every day for the duration of the Stanley Cup final round.

garnpet

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

washefuzzy

shortbread
s'mores
oatmeal chocolate chip
double chocolate
oatmeal
chocolate chip
oatmeal raisin

I was coming anyways but BONOUS!! I was hoping there would be cookies because the last time I went to a meeting there was excellent cookies than to.  :D Was I suppose to come because I'm interested in fish? ;D