Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

220g stand

Started by audioslave_36, April 23, 2007, 10:42:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

audioslave_36

So today I go to Big Al's Kanata where I purchased my 220g tank, canopy, lights, heaters. my 55g tank, canopy, lights, stand, filters, heaters, I have bought the majority of my fish there, needless to say I am a pretty loyal customer, well I ordered a metal stand for 220g tank so as to build it into the wall In my rec room, when I ordered it I was quoted $ 169. plus tax, which I thought was a fair price, that was on April 7th well I was there today to be told that I was quoted the wrong price and I would not be getting the stand for $ 169 plus tax it was now going to be $ 299 plus tax. So now I am PI***ED. So now I am set even further behind because I was told two to three weeks to get the stand to find find out that it hasn't even been ordered yet, no phone call, nothing, I have spent over $ 4000 dollars in that store since December, doesn't say much for customer service in my opinion.  well I was reading another thread on here about voicing your issues to the upper management, well does anyone know where I would find the contact info to do that ?  Also the thread mentioned using your feet to make a statement by shopping elsewhere, well does anyone on this site sell stands for tanks of 220gs, if so contack me.

Dave

hamstercaster

Can't give you contact info but why not build your own if it's going to be hidden behind a wall.  You don't need anything fancy, just something very solid to support the weight.  It will cost you way under 300$ and probably way under 169$ too.

SaZaBaZy

I agree with the build your own, especially if it is going 2 be hidden, and like someone else said it is gonna cost way less than 300 and brobably less than 170 as well. I don't know how good you are when it comes too working on projects but my self i love doing them just built a stand for a 90 gallon and it is perfectly strog and roomy underneath, mine was almost frre as well.   :)

Cheers Jordan

sweetness85

i built my stand for the 111g tank and it's solid as a freakin brick.  i think it cost 50$ for the wood(not including the panneling) and nails.  all you need after that is something to cover it like panneling which if you ask for damaged sheets it's like half the price(damaged ones have like a corner broken off or something but perfectly usable) and some nice hinges, handles, and locks.  that is if you are going to make doors.  we cut everything with a hand saw so far, plus you get to make ot as high or low and wide as you want it.

Nerine

I've made most of my stands...the only ones I did not make were the two that were given to me...but building them is easy! :) and a lot cheaper, well it depends on the wood you want to use ;)
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

charlie

Here is another alternative ( this guy is in Etobicoke/ Toronto)

http://www.pricenetwork.ca/showthread.php?threadid=100378&highlight=custom+made+metal+stands
Regards

audioslave_36

I probably should have just built it, then I wouldn't have wasted two weeks that I could have be framing in my basement, oh well, live and learn I guess.

Charlie, thank you for that link, I registered and sent him a pm, I'll see what he has to say.

Dave

bitterman

This might give you some ideas if you are building something.

http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=gallery;su=user;cat=75;u=531

Bruce