Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I think my female rusty is olding what i do??

Started by rechaud, May 04, 2007, 02:24:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rechaud

I think my female has her mouth full, she is little bit big and the male kept running for her ans he is shaking like a bacon lolll
The female look tired of getting purchase so what can i do????
Its the first time that i have that kind of situation loll
Thanks.
Réchaud...

groan

just relax. as a new dady you always think the worst, but this is a happy time! Congrats.

is this her first time holding? if so it is possible she will lose the batch and you will have nothing to worry about.

another option is letting her release in the tank and let nature take its course.

another option is to prepare a 10 gallon tank for her and after 3 weeks mover her to it to release in safety. after a few days she will not take them back into her mouth and i'd give her another couple days at least to recouperate and begin eating again. then you can put her back in the population and leave you to raise the babies yourself.
I feed my babies crushed up NLS Growth. as new fry thier mouths are too small to eat the Grow full size so i use a morter and pestle to grind it up into a powder.

good luck and feel free to ask if you ahve Q's!

rechaud

thanks a lot for the info !!!!!
No its not her first time olding so everything could be perfect for her and me lollll
Thanks again Groan.
Réchaud...

hamstercaster

But put her in another tank then if you want to keep the babies  ;)