Meeting location for the 2024/2025 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Home Show Video Tour 2007

Started by artw, March 05, 2007, 10:22:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

artw

Now that the Giant Auction is behind us, it's time to start thinking about the Home Show video tour.
Someone from OVAS will come to your house and take a short 3 minute video of your aquarium, and we will show it at a future meeting (probably May or June) and there will be a prize for Viewers Choice 3 favourites.

Unlike previous years, there will be no categories or fishrooms this year. it is simply people voting on their 3 favourite tanks.

Rules and guidelines: This year, people will be asked to do a voiceover on video, so please make notes of things you would like to talk about on the video.  Length will be about 3 minutes and we would like to focus on the tank and its inhabitants, and possibly touch on any special equipment or what not in use.

So, if you are interested in having your tank videoed, drop me a PM with the subject line "Homeshow Tour" and give me an idea of when we can come over to your house and shoot the video... we will be starting shooting towards the end of March.

This contest will be open to card carrying members of OVAS only (the real club, not the Forum).

darkdep

No fishrooms? You mean I have to pick ONE tank to show off? 

With my lamo aquascaping, the only thing I can impress anyone with is the number of tanks.  :)

dpatte

Do I have to choose only one of my 18 tanks, or can I show 2-3?

artw

Just a reminder that the Homeshow videotaping will be occuring within the next 4 weeks.  I only have 1 confirmed person so far, if there doesn't seem to be interest we will postpone it until next year. 

artw

To the Five (5) participants of this year's homeshow: A representative of OVAS will be contacting you to arrange filming which will be taking place in the next 2 weeks, in other words, in time for the May General meeting.

the 5 people are as follows, good luck to you guys!
Bitterman
Busdriver
Cassandra
PFG
Babblefish

beowulf

Good luck to all had I got my 108g earlier I would have taken part but it is far from ready to be shown!!!

babblefish1960

Quote from: artw on May 16, 2007, 01:25:32 PM

the 5 people are as follows, good luck to you guys!
Bitterman
Busdriver
Cassandra
PFG
Babblefish

Just an amendment to your list of entrants, Babblefish will not be participating this year, sadly, however, you are missing quatro who mentioned a desire to be included, as well as mseguin who also reaffirmed his participation last evening. I believe that BigDaddy volunteered to assist in the filming of some of the participants as well.

Good luck to everyone, it is a blast.

busdriver

If you plan on taking video of my 75 gal. you had better wear camouflage as the keyholes do NOT like having their pictures taken.
About the only thing you will see abundantly is plecos and 2 sae's, oh, yeah and snails.
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

I am almost positive that he will be making kissy faces on the glass to lure them out, the fish just find that irresistible. :)

busdriver

Quote from: babblefish1960 on May 21, 2007, 01:43:07 PM
I am almost positive that he will be making kissy faces on the glass to lure them out, the fish just find that irresistible. :)
Don't count on that ::)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

PaleoFishGirl

Any last-minute signups for the Home Show? Last chance :)

dpatte

sure. My tanks are in ok shape for a change - im in :)

BigDaddy

David... send me a PM and let me know when you are available.

succinctfish

Thanks BD for coming to film my tank for the homeshow.  You were great.  :) (although half my fish hid from the giant tree like thing in my living room...maybe you should have filmed while crouching so they wouldn't notice someone different in the room ;D )
No one told me I had to narrate,  ::)  so please excuse the rambling that goes along with the pretty pictures.  :-[  :D

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's entries on Monday.